Dear Diary




Heyy! Welcome back!

So, about a year ago, I started having anxiety attacks because of different stressors around me. After a while when they started to get serious, a friend of mine told me that if I'm not able to talk to someone about it and if I want to keep it in my control, I should start writing them down. I should start keeping a track on the days I get them and the severity of them. I cannot describe how grateful I am to them for giving me this method to cope with it because it has worked magic.

Over time, I realised that this doesn't apply just for anxiety attacks and can be put to use in any aspect of life. It doesn't always have to be stress. It can be applied when you're feeling low or feeling insecure or just want your rant your feelings out.

What I followed was not a typical 'Dear Diary...' regime but something what I just felt I would just scream into someone's face. Obviously, I can't do that in real life hence choosing to write it down is something that would help me "calm my nerves" down. 

This is something I would exhort you to do to. Doesn't matter if you don't want to talk to someone about it, write it down. Else, it will just keep growing until and lead you to overthinking.

Pen it down and clear your head.

After a while, you yourself will notice you have so much uncleared thoughts in your head that they'll just keep pouring out one after the other. You might start with ranting about someone in school and end up reaching a point where you start to realise that they're in the same boat as you.

It's your choice if you want to follow it daily or if you want to do it only when you feel low. Being the biggest procrastinator in the world , I chose to do this every day but end up forgetting about it half the time or using the 'ho jayega' attitude for the other half. 

After a while, it was time that I become serious about it and so I decided to dedicate an hour a week just to clear my head out(still don't follow it :P )

I don't even have a specific diary or something I write in; its just sheets of paper at times. Don't even get me started on how shabby they are; me and 'aesthetic'=never! What matters is that I pen it down and every word I write untangles a knot in my head.

Okay so in a nutshell what I wanted to say was channel your emotions in the correct direction by a simple method of writing them down.

That was it for today! Drop your thoughts on today's post and don't forget to share and subscribe for more content every friday! Also, wanted to know what kind of posts do y'all enjoy more- The one where I relate it to a personal view or a typical 'what, why, how' post? Drop em in the comments below👇

Signing off,

Kuhu :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Constant Comparison Circle

The part about College Applications NO ONE wants to talk about.

Consistency and the 4 Year Special

Next Stop: Graduation. Ft. Senioritis.