Starting High School

 
Heyy! 
So, most of you are either in high school or nearing it. I started 9th grade in June amidst a global pandemic! Of course, it hasn’t been easy but what made it worse was the great pressure that came. Schools closed down in march but if you’re an Indian reading this, chances are, your tuition's had started in mid-April.  I was completely overwhelmed with the entire process of the transition. Where we used to have hardly 3 chapters a subject for school now, we got 15 page long 8 chapters each term! To top it off, the 1st term portion comes in the other terms too! Now I’m not trying to scare you but just want to share my experience on how I felt and how I overcame the overwhelming feeling.
So initially, I had a hard time coping up with the stress. I had received terrible reviews from my seniors about 9th grade. In early April I had received my books and naturally I was very excited to read and go through them. I was 3 pages into my physics textbook then it hit me.
I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL!
As I said before, my tuition's started in April. Being so overwhelmed with the thought, I had a hard time concentrating because I cared more about getting good marks blah blah than actually paying attention and getting them! Followed by them were a series of “panic attacks” which allegedly was ‘no big deal’ according to people. I am now 4 months into that happening and one thing I’d like to impart is that ‘sab theek ho jayega’. It stays for a while but you eventually overcome it. You honestly just need to put in some effort because it’s a completely different thing. It’s a new phase of your life. So, working hard and studying regularly helps a lot. It’s not a compulsion to stay up till 1am studying. Most brains are off by 11/11:30 so honestly, it’s useless. In my opinion, it is a very stereotypical thing. You can instead sleep early and wake up early because apparently ‘you can study better’.
Anyways, this was my first post so I do intend on getting better. Please subscribe and leave your thoughts and experience below :)
Signing off,
Kuhu :)

Comments

  1. Nicely written, can relate to alot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post, kid. Please keep writing. And it's brave of you to share your experience of the pandemic and of high school, candidly. It makes parents like me more aware that it's not all that simple for our kids. Thank you for teaching us to be more empathetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted to know you liked it ma'am. Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Takes me back to my transition to class IXth 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do drop your experience below. Would love to know how to deal with the different pressures.
      Thank you so much for the support :)

      Delete
  4. Super relatable ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do agree with you, that regular studies will make it stress free

    ReplyDelete
  6. you write so well and honestly this is so relatable, love you bro <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT KUHU I’M SO HAPPY FOR YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrilled to hear you liked it!!
      Thank you so much and stay tuned :)

      Delete
  8. Such a fluid way of writing, Kuhu. To be able to share your personal journey will help alot of teens openly discuss about their mental health. Looking forward to more such encouraging posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement !! Stay tuned for more :)

      Delete
  9. You have really expressed it so well and with honesty. Though me not a teenager yet could relate to each word. Especially panic attacks, uff don't ask and then my mood and mental health would go on a toss. Yes - sab theek ho jaayega is an only resort and hope to linger on. You are a brave girl so stay same and keep enjoying total life at home and write more. Muaah and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you could relate to it.
      Thank you so much for your valuable words :) Stay tuned!

      Delete
  10. V well written...most of us can relate to this..keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lot many things are happening in the life of our children which is adversely affecting their mind. Seeing their parents under stress, being isolated from peers and friends and family, being separated from the structure and routine of their school days, seeing people in masks and overhearing unsettling news none of this is normal for a child.
    Too much of free time is being used in front of the TV or with the smartphone and excessive use of internet has it's own physical and mental consequences. Cyber bullying and depressive or abrasive behaviour are getting noticed and these need urgent attention.
    An overall development of a child rests on the tripod of home, school and playground. If two limbs of the tripod are chopped of the responsibility of the third becomes much much more. Home should be made a safe sanctuary for them, parents should be there for them to give quality time, listen, observe and talk frequently, stay connected to them even when in office by a video call and make them feel precious.
    Childhood is an amazing time of discovery, even during a pandemic. Nearly every moment of a child's life offers opportunities to teach important emotional skills such as caring, listening, empathy, problem-solving, self regulation and resilience. Reassure them that this time will pass and if we are careful we will all overcome the crisis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well expressed, Kuhu. Do keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

(famous) Animated films x Life Lessons

Teacher Cyber-bullying

The "Therapist Friend"