Consistency and the 4 Year Special


“Isn’t it funny how, day by day, nothing changes, but when we look back, everything is different.”

-C.S. Lewis

If you go to the gym for the first time, and you work out, and you come back, you look in the mirror, you will see... Nothing. If you go to the gym the next day, and you come back, and you look in the mirror, you will see... Nothing.

Clearly, there are no results, can't be measured, it must not be effective, right?

This is the thought that often leads to us quitting.

The problem doesn't solely lie in the lack of patience, but rather, in the lack of material.
If we don't see it, we tend to believe it doesn't exist.

That's where we get it wrong.

"Good things take time. Getting better takes time. Building a habit takes time."
But they also take consistency.

 Going to the gym for nine hours does for a day not get you into shape. Working out every day for 30 minutes gets you into shape. Studying a chapter one night before may work (sometimes); but in the long run, you and I both know you're not going to retain that information.

It's not about intensity. It's about consistency.

It is tough. And there will be times when you want to call it quits. But when you look back at everything you've accomplished and your journey ahead, you're going to realise that it was all worth it. Your biggest victory lies in your preparation, and your hard work - not the "results." 

To the Kuhu 4 years ago: You were a terrible writer. You didn't know how to structure things, made an insane amount of grammatical errors, and were definitely all over the place and overwhelmed. But I'm proud of you for not giving up. For choosing to write your first article - however sloppy it may be - and for not quitting when you didn't see the results you wanted back then. You get better. You achieve so much more. And you've got so much in store for you.

I'm not the writer who I was 4 years ago, and in 4 years I'm not going to be the writer I am today.
And I only realise the truth of this sentence when I look back at my initial works.

 Damselzinsanity's 4th anniversary is on the 14th of this month.

My heart goes out to everyone who's supported me and all I can do to express my gratitude is say Thank you. Thank you for supporting me: whether it was the compliments, the criticism, or the idea topics. Thank you.

I can't wait for what Year 5 holds for Damselzinsanity.

Signing off,

Kuhu :)





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Constant Comparison Circle

The part about College Applications NO ONE wants to talk about.

Maggi-An emotion