Durga Pujo: 2 years later!


 Hello everyone!
 Welcome back to month 27 of #faltufriday!

For month 3 of #faltufriday, I had authored a post on 'The Fragrance of Pujo'.
Nearly 2 years later, post Covid restrictions, I finally got to celebrate Durga Pujo with its quintessential pomp and show, and wanted to share my experience on the same with you all :)

Without further ado,
Let's get to it!

The full week of Durga Pujo was definitely the highlight of this year.
I left absolutely no stone unturned and made sure to check off everything from my list before I leave for college.

Starting off with day 1 of celebrations (Maha-Panchami), I helped my mother in her Anondomala Stall.
For my non-Bengali folks who are unaware of what Anondomala is: It's simply a 'Khushi Mela'- or 'Happiness Fest', except we all sell food. 
My mom sells her iconic butter chicken and laccha paratha every year and if you're a non-vegetarian, I can tell you hands down, its the best one you will ever have.
On the same day, I also had my poetry performance, which was amazing as well.

The next day, Maha-Shoshti. 
I had the opportunity to help backstage for the first time and post the cultural program, we went 'pandal-hopping' with a few of my family friends :) (Came home at 4 am btw! - so worth it though)

Followed by which was Maha-Saptami! 
I was pretty sleep deprived but managed to wake up at 11:30am, only to rush to get dressed and be surprised by my unlce :)
I went to the grounds where I helped in 'bhog distribution' - another thing checked off my list - then came home, changed, and again head to the grounds to get ready for my dance performance.
I've been performing on stage since I was a kid and dancing on stage after 3 years was an absolutely exhilarating experience. Post which, I participated in 'Dhunochi Naach' with my friend- another thing off my list!
Till late night, I hung out with my friends, playing uno and what not in the greenroom :)

Then came Maha-Ashthami. 
A super day again; from Pushpanjali to 'Phol kata(Cutting fruits for the divine offering) + bhog distribution again, the day was an absolute blast and ended with me dancing my feet off to a very unique band which had come to perform: Konkan Kanya.

Then came Maha-Navami: The absolute best.
I don't remember sitting for even a minute. 
For the first time, I got to anchor! Yes, I had the opportunity to anchor a full 4 hour event - all by myself. I learnt so much about public speaking and 'impromptu-ness' through the experience. An absolute splendid one. In the middle, my best friend came to support me too and I met her :)

No sooner did I reach home, than I got dressed to leave for the evening program! I was on backstage duty for the visit and movie promotion of the cast of 'Code Name Tiranga' after which I danced the night off to a Bengali band: Surojit aar Bondhura.

Pujo ended at 3:30am when we all returned home from the grounds and that's when it hit us - Pujo is over :(
But,
Aashche Bochor Aabar Hobe!

I hope you all liked this post as much as I loved my pujo this year. Durga Pujo is an emotion for Bengalis and is hard to express in words.
Nevertheless, let me know in the comments how you spent your Durga Pujo/ Navratri and what's your favourite festival.
Don't forget to share and comment!

Signing off,
Kuhu :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Starting High School

(famous) Animated films x Life Lessons

Teacher Cyber-bullying

What's Causing So Much Anxiety in Students?