(famous) Animated films x Life Lessons

 I have been a movie buff for as long as I can remember.
My 2 favourite categories: Bollywood and Animation.

Now in the past, I've authored multiple posts on Bollywood (check them out here!) but I realised, I've never written one on the latter!
Animated films formed the crux of my childhood. While as a kid I absolutely loved the visuals and music, it was only when I became a teen and started to realise the depth behind each film.

Animated films are NOT kid films.
They're so much more than that.

And when I realised this, I thought, why not write a blog on it, hmm?
So, here are my favourite animated films which I beg you to watch at least once in your life!

Number 1:

The Kung Fu Panda series


Po is the goofball you absolutely need in your life. The writers neither missed the comedic timing of his antics nor the subtle life lessons exuded through each of the films.
It teaches you to believe in yourself. Yes you can be a panda and a dragon warrior in the same go. Yes, you can fight the most powerful animals and hate stairs simultaneously. My 2 most favourite quotes from the films are:

1:(KFP 2) Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story, who you choose to be. So, who are you, panda?
2: (Spoiler alert if you haven't watched KFP 4!) Change doesn’t always have to be a bad thing. Why do you think I always change the menu at the restaurant? Because if things stayed the same forever, sooner or later, they would lose their flavor.

Number 2:

Wall-E



My heart goes out to whoever conceptualised this film. 
Wall-E had precisely 2 dialogues: "Wall-E" and "Eva".
How someone can thread the love story of 2 robots and concurrently spread awareness of global pollution levels without any dialogue is just mind-boggling. 
This movie foretells our lives in a mere few years and cautions children against heavily relying on technology and polluting the earth. 
But most importantly, Wall-E teaches you to be curious, optimistic and perseverent.

Number 3:

Coco


An absolute master-storke imo. 
If you haven't watched it yet, please don't waste another second and get going. 
It's the only animated film that has moved me to tears and I can guarantee that it will for you as well.
The songs and detailed animation are absolutely beautiful. I can't begin to describe the depth of this film; I'm sorry, you have to watch it and you will understand what I mean.

Number 4:

Zootopia


You're going to laugh; you're going to jump; you're going to shout and you're going to be awed.
Zootopia is my absolute go-to binge at all times. Everything about it is just so amazing.
You don't have to discriminate; sometimes, the most unexpected people can surprise you. Nick is proof that you can go from con man to joining the police force with the right companion by your side. 
And of course, to quote Shakira, Try Everything!
(P.S. Doesn't Zhen from Kung Fu panda 4 look like Judy and Nick's kid? - let me know in the comments!)

Number 5:

Inside Out


The creativity of this film knows no bounds (literally!) 
Your mind is so vast and I love how much thought the writers have given to bringing the concept come to life: from personality islands to core memories and "train of thought". 
Each character is so well thought out and it truly propagates the idea of embracing - and not suppressing - your emotions.
And now that Riley's a teen, I'm super excited to see what the sequel coming out this month holds!

Alrighty! That was it for today :)
I intentionally did not include a summary of the plots as I felt that it would give away the excitement of each film.
Animated films are an absolute gem so please don't diss them as "children movies."
The above were just a few of my favourite classics - let me know your favourites in the comments and if you want me to do a part 2 on the same!

Signing off,
Kuhu :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting High School

Teacher Cyber-bullying

The "Therapist Friend"