Naina and I are alike



As almost everyone knows, Bollywood has always played an integral part in shaping my personality. Right from childhood to teenage, the one nickname I was known for was “The Bollywood Girl”. I have watched several films featuring various unique characters, however, there is only one with which I truly connected with - Naina Talwar, from the movie, “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani”.

Naina and I are similar in ways more than one.
She is introduced in the movie as an introverted outcast, a quiet girl who is an aspiring doctor, a software engineer in my case. Throughout her schooling years, she is described as the silent damsel, and has been given the quirky trait of a scholar. Often teased as a “chasmish”, these are just a few instances which make me alike her. 
As someone who got past her reservations and shyness to embrace every moment and become an independent, confident individual, Naina taught me a lot. Her wholesome advice at challenging times, “Thora time do, sab theek ho jayega” is a motto I keep beside me always-helping me to strive to being a better person.
Everyone who knows me well describes me as the embodiment of the adage, "Be true to yourself". Throughout the movie, Naina brings about a fresh breeze unravelling her various traits than just being a bookworm; as what I do, once people get to know me. Naina can be seen as the friend with the best advice, one which my peers often associate me with. 

Naina’s character has taught me to be comfortable and accept myself for the person I am. She is a contemporary girl, who has a deep connection with her roots of Indian culture, as do I. She inspires me to be a better person and not be afraid to explore new activities, as you never know where it might lead you. 
I absolutely adore her character in the film. Without a doubt, she is the character I relate to the most through the journey of Bollywood films. 

Do check out the post on my love for bollywood!

That was it for month 20 of #faltufriday!
Drop down which character you're most similar to in the comments below and don't forget to share and follow for more!

Signing off,
Kuhu :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Constant Comparison Circle

The part about College Applications NO ONE wants to talk about.

Consistency and the 4 Year Special

Next Stop: Graduation. Ft. Senioritis.