Taking Breaks.


 Hey everyone! 

Welcome back <3

A couple of month's ago, I had authored a post titled "The Importance of Mental Health Days", which led me to write on today's blog post.

Taking Breaks: Something which we either do extensively, or choose to blissfully ignore until we burn ourselves out :)

I've always had a lot of people ask me how I stay so productive, managing academics, blogging and other extracurriculars. Truth is, I learnt it the hard way. 

When I was in 6th grade, I was the biggest procrastinator you could ever meet. 
I'd put things off until a day before the deadline, and rush to complete them in a haphazard manner, which obviously did not have great outcomes.

Jump to 9th grade, I set onto the journey to buckle up my grades. 
What I didn't take into account in the beginning was that I immersed myself so much in my studies, that I cut back on the other part of my life. 
And naturally, this led to burn out plenty of times. 

Only after I began blogging did I realise what I was doing to myself and how to combat it. I converted this fatigue into something positive - spreading awareness by writing. 

Sometimes, when you force yourself way too much into something, you tend to sink in it.

If you don't schedule a break for yourself, your body will take one for you - and it probably won't be at a very convenient time.

For me, blogging is a break. 
A break from my academic and social life; doing something that gives me great pleasure.

It's not a burden for me, rather a leisure.

The reason I'm sharing my story with you is because I know each one of you has their own personal activity that gives you joy and to remind you, it's okay to take a break at times. 
For some, a break may be sleeping, whereas, for the other it could be gyming or even watching Netflix.
It's your break.

But remember, don't confuse this with making it into an excuse. 
You cannot be like: "I'm tired, I'm burn out, I'm taking a break", 24x7. 
That simply undermines the value of that break.

That was it for today's post! 
Let me know in the comments what you guys like to do while on a break.

Be sure to check out a few similar reads:
Burn Out I
Burn Out II
Self Care
Procrastination 

Don't forget to share and subscribe for more!

Signing off,

Kuhu :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Constant Comparison Circle

The part about College Applications NO ONE wants to talk about.

Consistency and the 4 Year Special

Maggi-An emotion